28 June 2020
Digitised Patient Care Pathways
Project: Dietetics pathway
- Reduction in elderly care readmissions
- Increase in percentage of patients seen by dietetics within 48 hrs of referral
Development and implementation of standard electronic documentation for the assessment of patients’ nutritional status, within the Electronic Patient Record (EPR).
Automatic referrals and improved clinical decision support for staff managing patients who trigger as high risk on their Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (MUST) assessment.
For patients this means:
- Faster treatment by a dietitian
- Earlier discharge from hospital and less chance of readmission
- No unnecessary appointments due to inappropriate referrals
- Better health